Hickory Ridge High School is cordially invited to enter ONE boys’ team and ONE girls’ team into a charity flag football tournament: “Tackling Childhood Cancer.” Each team will also get a photo with Carolina Panther and “Art Rooney Sportsmanship Award” winner, Luke Kuechly!
This event was created not only to recognize the need to fund the fight against childhood cancer, but also to specifically raise money for a local family fighting cancer with their 6-year old, Lexi. Lexi’s family will be the primary beneficiaries of the event this year.
Each of the invited Cabarrus County High Schools will have TWO opportunities to enter teams (1 boys; 1 girls). If any school has MORE interest in entering additional teams, schools who do not use one or more of their invitational slots may give them up to schools with more involvement. The tournament will have 16 teams – a separate boys and girls championship.
- Anywhere from 5-10 players per team
- Must be currently enrolled students at the represented school
- grades 9-12 eligible, including “mixed” teams
- Entry Fee / Donation per team: $400 ($40 per person, for a 10 player team) – USE local sponsors!
- Flag football rules used in local rec leagues will be used (reviewed prior to event).
- Each player will get a uniform shirt, personalized with name/number; schools will pick from a list of colors available (see sample below):
This event is on Saturday 4/28 at Hickory Ridge High School, starting at 12:00pm. The Boys and Girls Championship teams will also receive an autographed photo with Luke Kuechly!
This is FUN and CHARITY rolled into one, with a free shirt, photo with Luke and 100% proceeds going to charity – where else can you get that much for $40 each?